Thursday, January 18, 2007

Children of Men

I haven't seen nearly enough of the Oscar quality films yet, but I did see Children of Men the other day. I was very impressed. It's ultimately a pretty sad film, but it's very gripping. From early on they teach you that you're not going to get what you want as far as the seeming setup, and you end up kind of shellshocked at various points in the film. The one thing I was a little down on was the ending, because I felt it left too many unanswered questions. I can understand that you would want that to some degree on this sort of film, but it really felt like the narrative wasn't complete, like there was a sequel coming. I haven't read the novel so I can't say how true it is to that. Anyway, it gets my recommendation, and a spot on my current top 10 of the year (which will undoubtedly change as I see more of the end of the year movies but I think is pretty solid already).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home