Thursday, January 18, 2007

NFL Conference Championships

Okay, so I had a mediocre week last week with my picks, but I'll redeem myself this week. I like the Colts and the Bears. And yeah, I recognize I'm probably the only person in the universe that picked the Ravens over the Colts and the Patriots over the Chargers last week and is now picking the Colts over the Patriots this week. My thinking is that the Colts are just due to break out from New England's dominance. I don't think this New England team is as good as previous years, and I think the home field is going to make a big difference. The Patriots don't have the offensive guns that the Colts do, and I think the Colts will get out to an early lead and cruise. I feel more confident about the Bears over the Saints. I was surprised on Inside the NFL to have 3 of the 4 guys pick New Orleans and the other say he was picking Chicago just for strategic reasons to win the yearly pick standards. Then again, I've consistently underestimated the Saints the entire year, so why stop now? It's funny, because after all this time I *still* don't think they're all that good of a team. I like Drew Brees a lot and think he's done a fantastic job this year. I think their receivers are underrated and I love Sean Payton as a coach, but I'm still not convinced of what that adds up to. I think Reggie Bush is overrated, and the defense just isn't that good. I think the Bears are going to give them all sorts of problems on both sides of the ball, and the home field at this time of year will make a huge difference. But I guess we will see. I'll probably go 0-2 and then you can try to predict the SuperBowl based on the team I say will lose.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm disappointed you didn't mention the Deuce when talking about the Saints' positives. I'm still miffed the Browns could have had him or Tomlinson and instead Fat Fuck Pete Garcia had them take Gerard Warren...........

I'm also disappointed I don't get my Super Bowl of choice where I'd get to bust out my Chargers Drew Brees jersey.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm 7-1 so far (PHI over NWO was my mistake), and I'm picking the Saints and Colts.

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get ready for your second loss Mr.Khan...Pats win and so do the Saints....Pats win because of Laurence Maroney who will get a chance to shine once the Pats spread the indy defence wide....two things ppl fail to mention about the teams indy has beaten KC mediocre pass game, Ravens mediocre offence in general...Pats wont be afraid to chuck the ball 40+ times as shown against SD...Pats win!

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home