Wednesday, November 29, 2006

TVs in SUVs

Driving up to the Bay, I was struck by the number of people in the evening with TVs going in their sports hostility vehicles. Aren't those things dangerous enough already without adding a visual distraction device? I can see arguments both ways for making cell phones in cars illegal. I use a cell phone occasionally in the car to get directions or to make arrangements. But some people just do it as their driving activity, and it seems to me they're a lot more likely to get into accidents. I think I saw a study about people with cell phones being more dangerous than drunk drivers. In any event, at least there you can see a use for cell phones that might justify it in some circumstances. But televisions? Why are these possibly allowed, particularly at the front of vehicles? *Maybe* on the back of the front seats, but certainly not up by the driver. It's insane, it's a menace, and it's adding yet another prong to my "driving an SUV is immoral" argument.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree Todd! There is no reason to put TV's in cars and I have always been against the idea. Anyway, keep up the awesome Raw, and ECW TV Reports!

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home