Thursday, May 25, 2006

UFC 60

Well, I just got my tickets. My patience paid off, as I was able to get a pair of $600 tickets for $415 total. It's about the same as I paid for UFC 59, and a bit farther back, but you have to feel good about paying a third of face. I'm in section 115. Quick thoughts on the card:

Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie: I just watched the special, and I guess I'm in the distinct minroity, because it made me less interested in the fight. I already knew all the backstory. The only thing the special convinced me of is that Hughes will try to keep it standing. I don't see how Gracie will be able to take him down, which could make for a boring sub-par striking match. That would be a real letdown. I would be shocked if Gracie won this fight. Granted, I didn't give Sylvia a shot last month, but this one seems pretty damn clear to me. Hughes is just at a different level than Gracie. I hope it makes for a fun spectacle.

Assuerio Silva vs. Brandon Vera: I think Vera's being overrated by some. I want the guy to do well. He's entertaining and marketable. But he hasn't beaten too many fighters of note, and he's giving up a lot of weight here. I favor the underdog Silva pretty heavily.

Joe Riggs vs. Mike Swick: This should be a fun brawl, and quite possibly the fight of the night. I'm not a huge fan of Riggs, but this is the best matchup for him since he's come to UFC. I like him to win by KO, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Swick win either.

Dean Lister vs. Alessio Sakara: UFC might end up regretting making this the swing bout. Lister has a knack for having boring fights, and he is going to be doing everything he can to avoid engaging with Sakara standing. I see Sakara winning a decision, but not a lot happening in the fight. I hope I'm wrong. Just seems a bad style matchup. It will be fun to see Sakara's hand speed.

Diego Sanchez vs. John Alessio: Sanchez will be exposed. Mark my words. But this isn't the fight it's happening. Diego via TKO or sub round 1 or 2.

Jeremy Horn vs. Chael Sonnen: They really don't want Sonnen to succeed in UFC, because they keep giving him really tough opponents. He's a quality fighter, but this is made for a Horn win, and I expect that to happen via submission.

5 Comments:

Anonymous James said...

Just curious, what don't you like about Sanchez?

I'll be at the fight, covering it. Shoot me an e-mail at mrsnickerz@gmail.com. We can try to coordinate and maybe if it works out, I'll see you at the event.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Swain said...

I assume you're playing the UFC Fantasy Game? Another good Dana innovation, as it gives us armchair prognosticators a chance to show off at no cost.
Enjoy the show live.

7:00 AM  
Anonymous BOFF said...

No follow up report from the live show, Todd?

2:46 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

I'll write something up tomorrow. Good show overall I thought. Not among UFC's very best, but it was a fun time.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During pregnancy you will most likely be thinking Abercrombie and Fitch of the time when you give birth. Well, there Abercrombie is the nursing period post pregnancy Abercrombie Sale that you may be thinking of as well. Cheap Abercrombie Nursing tops and bras are available Abercrombie outlet for you to purchase. These types of shirts and undergarments buy Abercrombie help make the nursing process Abercrombie clothing easier and much more efficient.Looking abercrombie & fitch ahead toward your delivery and beyond Abercrombie kids you may want to consider nursing tops as well. Regular tops Abercrombie Outerwears may be inconvenient for a nursing mother. Especially Abercrombie & Fitch Outerwears when out in public and may need more privacy, Abercrombie Hoodies nursing tops may be more effective as opposed Abercrombie & Fitch Hoodies to regular tops.Maternity clothes can also be helpful for you in the first few Abercrombie Polos months after delivery. Although wishing yourself Abercrombie & Fitch Polos back into your regular size jeans Abercrombie Shirts may give you hope but normal women probably need a Abercrombie & Fitch Shirts little time to ease themselves back into their normal jeans. In the meanwhile, Abercrombie handbags your maternity wear can help you through this transition process.Beaches Abercrombie bags are excellent places for people who want to have a good time. The usual environment in the beach is calm or fun, which is perfect for people who want to relax. The beach is an ideal place to spend the summer, or birthdays or anniversaries. Or for no reason as all.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home