Thursday, May 18, 2006

Da Vinci Code Getting Panned

It's surprising to see just how badly the Da Vinci Code is doing with reviews, given its interesting (if hard to adapt for the screen) source material, fine cast and generally competent director (Ron Howard isn't my favorite director, but he's a good enough director). I guess I won't be seeing it in the theater after all. Rotten Tomatoes has become such a great resource for me. I pretty much only see movies in theaters if they do well in Rotten Tomatoes. I wait for DVD for the rest, because there are very few good movies that get panned by the majority of critics. I don't like some movies that do well on Rotten Tomatoes, but there are very few movies that do poorly on Rotten Tomatoes that I end up thinking highly of. In fact, it's been so long that the last movie I can think of that I thought got an unfair shake on Rotten Tomatoes was A Love Song for Bobby Long, a touching little drama with the fabulous Scarlett Johansson. And that was released in 2004.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I liked A Love Song For Bobby Long too! I rented it against my better judgement, and I ended up really enjoying it.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of panned, it appears See No Evil is looking the worst movie since Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo. It's currently 0 for 16 on rotten tomatoes and Dave Meltzer reports that "The Marine" is worse.
Yet after all this, it will almost certainly be profitable.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home