Saturday, March 04, 2006

Worst Sequels

This week's issue of Entertainment Weekly did a feature on the worst sequels ever made. Most of them were both obvious and deserving. The one I had to take issue with, though, is Godfather Part III. I know that the film gets a lot of criticism, and there are problems with it. Sofia Coppola's performance and the middle section of the film top the list. That said, it is overall a very good film. It has memorable scenes (the helicopter attack), memorable lines ("just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"), and a fantastic, tragic ending (Pacino's performance in that is amazing). I know it's not as good as the first or second films, but I don't think it in any way diminishes their legacy, and I think it stands as a fine film that doesn't deserve the ridicule associated with being lumped in with Speed 2, Caddyshack II and Staying Alive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home