Thursday, March 02, 2006

Torn

With the NFL's current labor impasse (well, okay, it's an impasse in a pejorative sense - not a legal sense), I find myself really torn as to how I want things to work out. I've always backed the NFL's system over other systems like that of MLB, when there are wild disparities in what teams can spend. But on the other hand, I would really like to see the Redskins do well, and a system with less revenue sharing and/or a higher cap will benefit the Redskins more than any other team. So what's most desirable? I don't know. I probably still favor the status quo, because I like the fact everyone can compete, but a part of me would love to see Dan Snyder operate without the salary cap. He's a pretty bad owner with the salary cap (if you took his money and applied it to managing a team prudently it would produce tremendous results), but he would be a great owner without the salary cap. Even a single uncapped year he could do wonders with. Sign a bunch of free agents to good faith 3 year $15M deals where the first year pays $14M and the next two pay $500,000 a piece. There is some fun to be had. And I really don't want to see a Jon Jansen type cut.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home