Friday, June 27, 2008

R.I.P. James Melroy

I just found out about the passing of James Melroy, a friend of mine and a really great person.

James wrote for the Long Beach Press Telegram, and covered MMA and pro wrestling when he had the opportunity for the paper. He was an excellent writer and understood the business very well.

James and I had the opportunity to meet at some MMA and PWG shows over the past few years, and he and Houston Mitchell were the two biggest influences as far as convincing me to expand my MMA writing. James was so giving and helpful to me when he didn't need to be at all, and I'll always appreciate that.

What I associate most about James beyond him being so friendly was his smile. He had a very warm and friendly smile, and to use the cliche it really lit up a room. He also had a great sense of humor and was always fun to be around. I'm going to miss not seeing him at the shows any more greatly. Thanks, James, for being a great friend and I hope you're in a better place.

I'll provide additional information if and when I receive it.
Todd

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd,
How is it going?
It's Miguel Lopez. I couldn't find your number or e-mail. I looked through previous e-mails and couldn't find your's so I wasn't able to notify you of the sad news.
James was a all around goodguy that showed me the ropes when I began to the work for the Press-Telegram and from that point three years ago he became a dear friend of mine.
He will be missed greatly.


miguel.lopez@presstelegram.com

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home