Sunday, April 08, 2007

New Rankings

Grrr. I posted my latest rankings here and then wrote up detailed thoughts on Pride and UFC this weekend, and just discovered that for whatever reason they disappeared. Stupid blogger. Anyway, here's try two. As far as thoughts on the evening, in short: I like Josh Koscheck even if others don't. To me, him acting like a jerk towards people who deserve it (Leben on TUF, Sanchez in general) is perfectly fine. It's not like he's disrespecting GSP. The celebration was great because he was just rubbing it in and I loved Sanchez' reaction. Wasn't that discouraged by GSP's loss even though he's one of my favorites because he'll definitely be back and Serra's a good fighter and cool dude. Pride was depressing. Not airing the 2 fights angered me. Seeing Sokoudjou win again was a hell of a surprise and I don't care for Arona's style much so I enjoyed that. Seeing Saku back was cool. It's really too bad that era is over.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Koschek holds my interest simply on the fact that it seems like he purposely goes for judges' decisions. Every fight that I've either watched or noted the results for were by judges' decision, often with him doing stall tactics along with a few takedowns.

11:56 PM  
Blogger Swain said...

And that, my friend, is lesson number one in the wonderful world of blogging. Always cut and paste into notepad. It's kind of like keeping your feathers numbered for just such an occasion.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

Huh. I had never had that problem before. What are rules 2-5 in blogging? I don't want to be caught offguard!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Swain said...

Well after number one they get somewhat fuzzy. Some people will recommend don't blog drunk, but reading the drunken ramblings of one's friends is gold. Gold Jerry, GOLD!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

Any lesson that discourages drinking while partaking in any activity other than driving is a lesson not worth following.

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home