Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Orton & Cena

Randy Orton's suspension for unprofessional conduct has a similar feel to it in pro wrestling. Wrestling has always been filled with guys who became stars at a young age and let it get to their head. And this suspension made me think of John Cena. Both Cena and Orton have been thrust into the spotlight at young ages (granted Orton is younger), and protected from day one. And in spite of all the hate that some people throw Cena's way, and in spite of his hectic schedule, he seems to be a guy that still has his head screwed on straight. Contrast that with Orton, who we've been hearing bad stories about behind the scenes for years. It seems to me unfair on some level that Cena is the one who has to deal with all this hate, given both of these guys were given pushes before they were ready, neither is particularly good in the ring, and Cena seems like a lot more professional individual.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yah I kinda felt bad for Cena, I really do not care much of Orton personally they should suspend him for the whole year as far as I am concern. I guess it is just bad for Cena and I only blame the WWE for that not him.

10:50 AM  
Blogger D. Ling said...

I don't know if its fair to put Orton in the same "poor worker" category as Cena. I know from watching SD every week (why do I still do that to myself?) that Orton is a much better talent then Cena is at this moment in time. Orton brings a strong heel presence with him that really resonates through the SD programming.

Sure he has had a lot handed to him because of his 3rd generation status but so did The Rock and he did ok in the wrestling biz.

12:16 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

I wouldn't really call Orton a poor worker. But like Cena, I don't think he's anything special. They both have very few good matches with people who aren't very good. I definitely agree Orton is better, but I don't think it's that wide of a margin, and a lot of the backlash has to do with portrayal and roles.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Houston Mitchell said...

More importantly, how do you think the whole "Shawn michaels teaming with God" storyline will play out.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

Well duh. God does the job for Vince. Is there any other way?

8:42 PM  
Blogger AKFooFighter said...

Woh, woh, woh - God paired with HBK? I thought Trips was already too busy in his program with Cena and Edge?

Man, he is quite the miracle worker...

- Matt in Anchorage

9:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure if you heard this, but Dave Meltzer reported that if it was anyone other than a top guy, they would have been fired.

Apparently problems with Orton have been building for a while.

The 60 day thing may end up being a lot longer.

8:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home