Thursday, March 30, 2006

Rick Reilly

I've never liked Rick Reilly, the Sports Illustrated writer. I find his writing smug, condescending and not particularly insightful. He frequently does these stale "sentimental" stories, which reflect such insincerity they remind me of the "Bart's People" parody from an episode of the Simpsons. And he trashes people with the same blind one-sidedness as he praises others. Anyway, he now has a feature for SI Online, called "Riffs of Reilly" where he makes a bunch of lame one or two line jokes mocking a bunch of easy targets. Let's just say it's not his strong suit. Check out his current "Riffs" on that site. It's 2 minutes of the least funny stuff you're ever going to find. Just awful jokes, an embarassing "rap" and overflowing with unjustified smug arrogance. I hope he keeps doing this, because sooner or later I think people are going to catch on to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home