Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Rampage in UFC

There is apparently a video on Quinton "Rampage" Jackson's website that teases he will be joining UFC in 2006. God I hope so. This guy has incredible potential as a drawing card in the United States, and he has been a personal favorite of mine for a very long time. If they announce he's coming in at UFC 59 in Anaheim, I may abandon all self-respect and jump up and down like a child marking out for Steve Austin. Come to think of it, it may be EXACTLY like that. I went to a house show in January of 1996, when Steve Austin wrestled his first area match for the WWF against Henry Godwinn in like the third match of the night. When they announced him I jumped up and down and cheered with more enthusiasm than for pretty much anyone else on the card save for maybe Shawn Michaels. And I stared around me and looked at all these people who didn't react at all, and thought, "what's wrong with these people?" It may very well be the same reaction for Rampage's first appearance in UFC.

2 Comments:

Blogger D. Ling said...

Umm... I think that video was a little less then subtle hint to a future in UFC. Another stud at 205, that division is packed with talent.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rampage hasn't been the same since losing twice to Silva/finding Jesus. Maybe fighting in America will reinspire him, but at this point I think a healthy Liddell takes him easy.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home