Friday, January 06, 2006

LA - Nice Place to Be

It was pretty damn cold in DC. Get back in LA, and it's 85 degrees. Totally clear sky. It was definitely one of those days where I could understand why so many people live here. Then to boot, I went to McCormick & Schmick's on Rodeo Drive (I highly recommend this to those coming to LA - it's the incredibly nice area in Beverly Hills with all the designer shops, but you can get free valet parking for 2 hours, get a happy hour meal for only $2 plus the purchase of a drink and feel like someone important at a lower price than McDonald's), and ran into Bill Maher. One of my first celebrity sightings in LA, and I'm a big fan of Maher so it was a cool deal. The one negative was all the people in Texas t-shirts. I swear 1 of 4 people I saw (this was the day after the Rose Bowl) was wearing a Texas shirt. I go to UCLA, so I'm not exactly a big fan of USC, but it was so obnoxious. Don't those people have any alternative attire? I wish they were doing that in a place like Philly. Made me regret rooting for Texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home