Friday, November 18, 2005

Michaels Book

I picked up the Shawn Michaels book today, along with Al Franken's new book. I'm reading through the HBK book relatively quickly. I expect to get through a good portion of it standing in line for PWG tonight (Houston Mitchell was supposed to catch the show with me but he had a couple of deaths in the family, so I'm going solo). I'm tempted to write something about it for the Observer site, but I doubt I will have enough time. So far, I find the story interesting, but Michaels rubs me the wrong way. Hopefully that will change, because Michaels has always been a favorite of mine in the ring, and I've excused away some of his flaws outside the ring. The problem in the book is he's still very much into passing off blame onto others, which is a weird trend if you are supposedly at peace with yourself. He acknowledges he frequently acted like a jackass, but every incident he describes there is someone else who was really to blame for that particular problem. I also am always somewhat leary of the story of the young man who acts like a total jackass and finds God and God changes his life (DiBiase, Blanchard, Sting). You can be a good person and be responsible as a young man without "finding God." Personal responsibility and making good choices to me having nothing to do with youth or religion. Young people make good choices as well as bad ones. Old people make bad choices as well as good ones. Christians make bad choices as well as good ones. And non-Christians make good choices as well as bad ones.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I love watching Shawn Michaels wrestle, I think he is one of the all time great performers, but he just seem to fake for me. I don't know that is just my opinion.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home