Thursday, November 17, 2005

Shawn Michaels on Raw

I got some (polite) criticism about my comments on Shawn Michaels Monday. The point I was making wasn't that I wanted religion out of the discussion, or Shawn saying Eddie is with God was in any way problematic to me. A lot of the wrestlers said that, and that's cool. The specific thing that bothered me was just how Shawn was saying the locker room was united behind Jesus. There you're projecting your religion on others at a tough time, and that doesn't strike me as fair. Not a huge deal, but I wasn't a big fan of the comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger Duane said...

I'm pretty sure Malenko is Jewish, and if Goldberg were still with the WWE he is Jewish too. Tajiri might be Buddhist or Shinto for all we know. I consider myself a pretty devout Catholic, but I agree with your point.

7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your point, it just didn't seem right. I also heard that Guerrero didn't speak his religion out like that. Only when the time was right for the other wrestlers.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home