Sunday, November 13, 2005

Get Rich or Die Trying

I have not seen this film nor do I plan to in theaters. But it strikes me that reading through the awful reviews at Rotten Tomatoes, a lot of the reviewers missed the point. It seems many of them are under the impression 50 is a talented rapper who can't act. But that isn't the story. 50 is a talentless act who can't do basically anything. He got extremely lucky by having the right story, and getting the right friends at the right time (Eminem to bring him to the public eye and Dr. Dre to give him incredible beats for his first album). Without that security blanket, 50 hasn't produced any work that I would label "good," and I don't see that changing any time soon. He's a pop fraud on the level of the biggest frauds of the past 15 years, but luckily I think people are catching on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home