Thursday, December 13, 2007

Mitchell Report Out

I'm kind of disappointed by the research put in by the report. The new information contained in the report appears to be provided by an exceedingly limited number of sources. It leaves me thinking that this is once again just the tip of the iceberg, which is bad given how much time Mitchell spent on this report. Really, the federal government and media did a better job addressing this issue than the Mitchell Report.

I've said here before that I was convinced Roger Clemens used performance enhancing drugs, so that's no big surprise. I make the same argument now that I did then. The point there was that scapegoating Mark McGwire or Barry Bonds or Rafael Palmeiro for steroids was dumb, because tons of others were and we just don't know. And same thing now. It's kind of silly to me that the knee jerk reaction of some is just to throw Clemens under the bus too. It still reflects a sort of denial about what was going on.

I went to the WEC show last night. Write up on the promotion is here. And my show report will be up some time today as well. It was a good night for the promotion all around. Attendance was stronger than I had seen at previous shows. It was a good show. They got the results they wanted in the key fights. And there was even much more media covering the show than there had been previously. Dave even flew over to cover the show, which was surprising to me. So good for WEC.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy crap...Andy Pettitte's name is spelt with 4 t's?

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home