Thursday, November 01, 2007

Torre to Dodgers

I don't really like the move for Torre. He has established a great rep with the Yankees, but if he fails with the Dodgers along with his failings early it may lead a lot of people to conclude the Yankees run was more the money and talent than him. It reminds me of Phil Jackson with the second Lakers run, and even then Phil had more championships and with multiple teams. I guess I ultimately just don't think coaches are that important in baseball, certainly relative to football or basketball. So if you're a coach with power you should be careful in picking your spots. I don't think the Dodgers will flop under Torre, but I don't think they have enough talent to make it to the World Series. An ESPN poll asked whether Torre or Girardi would win more games next year. Torre was winning the vote but I would strongly bet Girardi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home