Friday, October 20, 2006

Heading to Vegas Tomorrow

My anticipation for this Pride card really snuck up on me. I was looking forward to it for a while, but my anticipation level now is sky high. I've been to a lot of live UFCs, and it's reached the point where I'm used to it and only the big fights get me really excited. But Pride is a different story. Partly it's the novelty. I've watched Pride for years and the idea of watching a Pride event live is very exciting and almost surreal. Part of it is unquestionably Fedor. This guy is the toughest human being on the planet. Put him in no-rules hand to hand combat, and he will beat any human being on the face of the Earth. And he's coming to America to fight. There's almost a comical amount of hyperbole here, but I really am going to enjoy this one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Houston Mitchell said...

And they're actually gonna let you practice law one day? :)

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paticularly with this sucktacular World Series upon us, I'm definitely ordering the show. All it seems to lack is that one fight between two of the very best guys in the world in their weight class. Those guys are fighting, just not against each other.

I'm kind of the antithesis of the casual MMA fan in that I skip the shows that draw the most fans (Hughes-Gracie, Ortiz-Shamrock), but get the shows with the most talent on display, regardless of the stories.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home