Sunday, April 04, 2010

McNabb!

I love this move. It probably won't come together because the Skins don't have a lot of talent, particularly on the O-line, but as a single deal I think it's great. I've always appreciated McNabb's talent and had a lot of respect for him playing in division. I also don't have resentment or anger towards him like other guys who played for my teams' rivals and then came to my team (see D. Sanders, J. Jagr). And Eagles fans never deserved the guy given how poorly they treated him and how well he played. Way to go Redskins! Really hope McNabb has a great year and makes the Eagles choke on this decision.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Phil DiLiegro said...

I think it's works for the Eagles as well because Kevin Kolb figures to provide 80% of the production at a whole lot less of the cost. They then take that savings and patch holes elsewhere. Philadelphia has been the NFC's best franchise over the past decade for good reason, so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on most moves.

But yes, I agree with you, McNabb has been a terrific quarterback for a long time now. So the Redskins have the most important position filled, short-term anyway.

9:10 PM  
Blogger hobbyfan said...

Getting Donovan McNabb, who will be entering his 12th season in the NFL, doesn't get the Redskins closer to the playoffs. He can tutor Jason Campbell, who has been in the league half as long, and make Jason more of an elite QB. I see Washington in a familiar spot at the end of the season----last place again. Sorry, Todd.

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home