Friday, June 09, 2006

Greatest Managers DVD

AVOID. AVOID. AVOID. I don't even know where to start on how pissed off I am at this release. After releasing tons of inside DVDs for years now, the expectation is if you buy the compilation DVDs, they won't kayfabe you. They'll manipulate things, but they haven't treated wrestling like it's a shoot in basically the DVD era. Well, that trend is over with the new managers DVD, which features constant kayfabe analysis. You've got guys talking about how the best managers were the ones who could get their wrestlers championships, you've got Sgt. Slaughter talking about how he would get advice on the injuries of his opponents, you've got Skaaland talking about throwing in the towel because he didn't want to see Backlund get hurt and so on. It's unbelievably insulting. Spread the word so people know.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the heads up. How are the extras, though? Anything interesting? I had heard there was lots of Heenan/AWA stuff on there.
Also, did you get the Dusty Rhodes DVD? I was a big Dusty fan as a kid so, I'm dying to get this DVD. I'm holding out cuz it's my birthday Tuesday and I'm hoping one of my friends or family members hooks me up. Hahahaha.

12:58 AM  
Blogger Swain said...

Is this not even tempered by the inclusion of classic Sunny footage? Well, you've saved me $20. Maybe now I can afford Two Night Stand.

8:13 AM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

The extras are pretty good. The highlight is "Fuji Vice," an absolutely hilarious vignette that I actually have on VHS but has likely not been seen by many current fans unless you bought Best of WWF Vol. 20 or something like that. The problem is the meat and potatoes, not the gravy.

I got Dusty's DVD at the same time. I haven't watched it yet, though. I'm expecting much better things.

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home