Saturday, April 15, 2006

Funniest Story EVER

I was at UFC 59 tonight. I'll probably be back with more on that tomorrow, because it was a hell of a good time and an entertaining show. But one moment stands out above all others. But before I tell it, I am forcing you to agree to a contract. If you read further, you must agree not to tell this story to Kimo if you ever meet him. So if you aren't willing to agree to that, stop reading now.


Good. So anyway, after the show I see Kimo in the lobby. I go to get his autograph. I take the cap off the sharpie, and hand the pen to Kimo to sign my program. He doesn't realize the cap is off the sharpie, and proceeds to try to take the non-existent cap off *with his teeth*. And he's really struggling with this thing. Black marks are starting to develop on his lips and teeth, and he is really grabbing at the thing. When I saw what was happening, I immediately went to stop him. And it didn't strike me as even remotely comical. I didn't see any humor in it, and just wanted to stop it because I felt bad. But as I walked away, I started laughing. And I laughed and I laughed and I laughed. Seriously, I wish I had video of this, because this was the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. Next time, I'll just let the fighters take off the cap themselves.

1 Comments:

Blogger Todd Martin said...

If I'm at UFC 60 (the ticket prices are too high for me, but I'm feeling pretty confident at this point I'll be able to get tickets below face the week before the show), I'll definitely stop by to say hello. Send me an e-mail and I'll give you my cell # to coordinate.

Next PWG show looks loaded. First legitimate challenger for Joey Ryan in ages in B-Boy, along with Bryan Danielson vs. Kevin Steen, Austin Aries vs. Chris Sabin, Davey Richards & Super Dragon vs. Briscoes, Colt Cabana, Frankie Kazarian, Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli and more. Might be worth checking out if you have the time.

I didn't think Ortiz-Griffin would be bad for UFC. I thought it would just rehabilitate Tito some at the expense of Forrest. Obviously, it worked out much better than either of us thought for UFC, as it really brought interest to both guys.

If Rampage doesn't sign with UFC, there is something seriously wrong. He is so much more valuable to UFC than any other organization, to where it's just silly if he goes somewhere else.

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home