Sunday, March 12, 2006

UCLA Gets #2 Seed

The Bruins got a nice slot for the tournament, with a 2 seed and an unintimidating bracket. I'm not sure they deserved to be that high, but they are certainly healthy and clicking at the right time. Sweet Sixteen looks like a good bet, and with their tough D, they might go farther than that. I really like this team, with the core of Farmar, Afflalo, and Mbah a Moute reunited with the now healthy Bozeman and the emerging Ryan Hollins. I'm excited about their chances.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My alma mater, Boston College, did OK as well. Not so much with the seed but with Nevada, inexplicably a 5 seed, looming in round number two. It's also inexplicable how Missouri State, Cincinnati, et al with high RPIs and Sagarin ratings get left out. Subjective analysis can NEVER be as good as objective analysis. I like the NCAA hockey tournament where it's entirely objective even though I don't like the formula entirely. At least that way everyone knows exactly what is necessary.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

My friend goes to BU's law school, and it's amazing how into NCAAA hockey he is at this point. It's a real cult.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

From a purely objective standpoint, that is some tremendous analysis.

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home