Monday, April 21, 2008

Un-Freaking-Believable

On WWE.com, they've got Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John McCain cutting wrestling promos on each other.

I don't even know what to say. I cannot believe they got them to do this.

The actual comments:

“Hi. I’m Hillary Clinton but tonight in honor of the WWE you can call me Hill Rod. This election is starting to feel a lot like King of the Ring. The only difference: the last man standing may just be a woman.”

“To the special interests who’ve been setting the agenda for too long and for all the forces of division and distraction that have stopped us from making progress, for the American people, I’ve got one question. Do you smell what Barack is cooking?”

“Looks like Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama want to settle their differences in the ring. Well, that’s fine with me. But let me tell you, if you want to be the man you have to beat the man. Come November, it’ll be game over. And watcha gonna do when John McCain and all his McCainiacs run wild on you?”

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know how long I've been waiting to hear Barack say that? I never thought it would happen. It's glorious.

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not as surprised about McCain considering what he's already done on Conan O'Brien.

2:32 PM  
Blogger Houston Mitchell said...

I would have never believed in a million years that they could have got all three to agree to this. Quite the coup for WWE.

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once one of them agreed, the others pretty much had to agree as well. I cannot say I am as shocked as some of you are considering they probably visit dozens of people's homes, schools, factories, et al daily. This is just another harmless campaign stump. And whatever stigma there is with doing wrestling goes away once they all do it.

4:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Todd, I completely agree. This is pathetic beyond belief.

I suspect one of the Democratic candidates decided to do it, figuring maybe it would get them a few Pennsylvania votes. Then of course the other couldn't be left out. Hearing this, McCain probably figured he didn't want the Democrats to appear "hipper" than he was, so he had to jump in as well.

By the way, your quotes are excerpts. The full speeches were quite a bit longer and quite a bit more pathetic, as it was very clear these idiots were actually reading from WWE-provided scripts. For shame. Yes, I'm a long-time pro wrestling fan, and I say shame on them for pandering like this.

And then WWE pisses all over Clinton and Obama by having a match where they mock both of them, and not in a particularly good-natured way. But, you know what? That's exactly what these idiots deserve for participating in this pathetic episode in pandering. I'm only sorry that McCain didn't get mocked as well.

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home