Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Double Dips

I was at Best Buy today to pick up the new Talib Kweli, and I was thinking of getting War of the Worlds on DVD. I noticed they had two versions. One was bare bones and the other purported to be limited edition with some extra features. The whole thing smelled like a setup for a triple dip at some point in the near future, so I passed. And it's kind of a sad statement for the studios, because for all I know there might not be another DVD of War of the Worlds planned. But I've become so deeply suspicious of the DVD makers that if I'm getting any kind of inkling a better DVD is coming out of a movie, I just won't buy the movie. The DVD producers have killed the goose that laid the golden egg. I used to purchase tons of DVDs. That process has slowed to a crawl this year just because I don't trust the manufacturers and I'm sick and tired of getting a DVD and then finding out there is a much better version out just a year later. It's too bad, because a little honesty would go a long way.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

how is the talib album?? is it any good? Is it worth the purchase?

8:45 AM  
Blogger Todd Martin said...

First impression, definitely. I'll comment on it in a couple days when I give it a few more listens. To me, Kweli may be the best MC today, period, so I really don't think you can go wrong.

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home